CNC Machined Brass Mortise Shell for the Commercial Locks & Hardware Industry
CNC Brass Mortise Shell
Swiss Technologies is known for having the skills, manpower, and equipment to turn large quantities of small, complex, precision parts, rapidly and with attention to detail. We manufactured the brass mortise shell shown here for a customer in the commercial locks and hardware industry.
Geometrically complex, we machined the features of this component on our CNC automatic lathe to guarantee accurate and repeatable results. In addition to the setups for the external threads and 15 side holes, off-center milling, drilling, and internal threading of various diameter holes.
If you would like to learn more about this project or how our precision machining services can improve the quality of your products, contact us today.
Highlights of CNC Brass Mortise Shell Project
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
CNC Machining - Turning
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- CNC Automatic Lathe
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 1.040"
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.001"
- Material Used
- CA360 Brass
- Material Diameter: 1-5/16"
- Special Feature
- External Threads, Up to 15 side holes, off-center milling, 2 off-center internal threaded holes, off-center through hole
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Commercial Locks & Hardware
- 10,000 per Release
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 3 – 4 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- USA - Nationwide
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Mortise Shell, 5 Pin